Monday, April 5, 2010

Continuing Yesterday's Trend

Today is calm and peaceful like yesterday. The house is clean. Chaos no longer reins. We've done school with the littles and the big girls are making progress in their studies. Everybody is working along with the schedule and moving along super duper.

I took the twins for a walk in along the irrigation ditch. Upon returning home I sent the kids to the toilet. Little Miss was ecstatic to find that she had clean and dry undies! Her eyes were sparkling, "Mommy, I clean!" It was precious to see the joy on her face to have actually managed to go outside for a walk and come home still clean! She asked for a treat - which is interesting because treats haven't been mentioned in quite a long time, but she for sure received some carob chips, a lot of cheering and big hugs.

I have the kids off of all food coloring and I do believe it is helping keep Little Man from feeling irritable. We have been one whole week without a single M&M or anything that has color in it.

I say that the day has been calm, and it has, but Little Guy did try something just to see what would happen. I mix the miralax with water and then serve it to them on their "throne". Hey, there isn't much else to do there, so why not? Anyway, I ran back to the kitchen to turn off the stove and I heard a crash. I returned to find he had "dropped" or thrown his cup of miralax on the floor. I just picked up the cup and said, "I'll be right back after I refill this and after you are done, you can wash the floor for me."

He did.

Not much else was said about it. He scrubbed the floor square by square as I taught him and when he was done he was having fun enough to agree to wash the other bathroom floor also. By the end of the second tile job I think he had decided to not dump his drink out again.

I never thought I would be praising God for balloons, but I am! I have this little bag of hard-to-blow-up balloons. The kiddos are only allowed to try to blow them up on the potty. It works like nothing else!!! I'm sure that's why Little Miss was able to keep her panties clean. By the way, they have actually BOTH learned how to blow them up - much to my surprise. It helps to work on one balloon for a couple hours. The new ones are near impossible at first. I'm thinking I'll buy a few more packages of different shapes and colors to keep them entertained and to keep the process moving along. I hope that they are taking note of what it feels like to empty out.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I am so glad you are having such a good day!! What a blessing!!

Kelly said...

Smart momma!! Never would have thought of the balloon thing. I'm impressed! Glad you are having a good day!

stellarparenting.com said...

I love the balloon idea, I have never heard that one, I am so stealing it!