Thursday, April 29, 2010

Canceled

I was suppose to be rushing around at this moment getting ready for our trip to yonder city for the kid's visit, but it has been canceled! The bio mom has to call the office 24 hours ahead of the visit because it would not be a good thing for us to drive several hours only for her to be a no-show. She didn't . Yippee! The kids have not seen her in over a month and I think the less they see her right now the better off they are. I think the emotional distress of having to spend 4 long hours in that chaos and the big traveling day can't be beneficial to their healing.

The other reason I am grateful is that tonight is the big fundraiser for our friends currently in Ethiopia picking up their child. I was delegating all my jobs to other people - namely my girls and their friends, and they can still help me, but I can be more supportive if I am actually there.

Yesterday was my break. I needed it. Steve spent the day with the kids working in the garden and then later taking them on a picnic and bike riding in the park. He wore them out completely. I went Goodwill shopping and then taught piano lessons, directed the rehearsal for this weekend's big concert and went to a planning committee for the Journey to Bethlehem until late. Yours truly is in charge of all the music for this huge endeavor happening the first weekend in December. It feels like a huge load on my plate - both that and the two choirs, but I need the diversion and the  break from the kids or I would go crazy. In the midst of teaching and rehearsing with all those little kids yesterday I felt like I was relaxing and the Lord knows I was needing to.

Apparently, Little Guy asked to go potty for the first time yesterday. (You knew I had to bring up that up, didn't you?!) It was his second normal bm in the two months he's lived here.  Missy was the cantankerous one when it came to that yesterday. She's gone backwards. After several days in a row of being clean and dry she has had more than a week of daily troubles.

2 comments:

stellarparenting.com said...

yeah for small miracles of types!

Kelly said...

So glad there was no visit.

Just as glad that you got a "busy break" yesterday. Boy, you needed it.