Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rethinking the Last Post

So, I'm rethinking my last post. 
It seems I'm always second guessing myself. 
Let's just say that Buster Brown does not get it, yet. 
Just chalk up his earlier success to constipation,
or something, 
because today he was NOT trying.
I know, because
I was being vigilant and there was no excuse for the poop in his pants 5 minutes after asking him to sit on the potty.... and there was no excuse for the screaming fit he threw for being asked to go potty.
Let's just say it wasn't just a one time occurrence, either.

And as for the concert,
he couldn't have gone in if I would have allowed him. 
He wouldn't have gotten past the ticket collectors smelling like he did.

His dear little twin was immediately devastated
when she learned that we might not get to go to the concert
on account of her brother. 
It just wasn't fair when she was trying so hard and doing so well.
She was sobbing and I had to think real quick!
In the end Vanessa came up with a plan and it worked beautifully.
Little Miss went into the concert with sisters and listened to the very first piece - 
which was long enough
- and it was the piece Vanessa played on her harp.
Little Missy clapped
(I think clapping was the main thriller of the evening)
then she was ushered out the side door
to where I was waiting in sight of Stinky Britches
who was busy perfuming the car.
 He was quite tired of waiting since we had to be there
an hour early to bring Vanessa her supper and concert dress.
So, Little Girl attended the concert because she deserved to go
and still went to bed at a decent hour...
Steve is bringing the rest of the girls and the harp home.

Missy was delighted to put up her 4th sticker tonight! 
Talk about feeling good about herself!!!
She reminds us all the time that she is going swimming soon.
In fact, she had to put her bathing suite on today - just because.
Two weeks is a long time to wait when you are 6.

4 comments:

stellarparenting.com said...

great solutiopn for the young miss and as for buster brown... be patient, that is all I can say and trust me I know how easy that is to say rather that have to do!

~marci~ said...

You are a great mom...would love to have been your kid:)

:)De said...

How cute. Congrats to 'Little Missy'. What a good idea to let her go for the opening of the concert. I'm sure that reward will go a long way in her success.

Peace

Kelly said...

Awe. So thrilled for Missy. I can just imagine how proud she must have been to be there with her big sisters. So sweet.

He will come around eventually but I will say our two NEVER compete to see who is the best behaved unless Nate KNOWS he can win. (I don't know if this makes any sense or not) Nate will not involve himself in even trying to do anything unless he knows without a doubt he will be the BEST and if he's not, he goes over the top to sabotage the situation. This may be part of what is going on with him. Almost an intentional effort to make a point that he is not even trying so that he doesn't look to himself like a looser. Strange but I see this almost daily with Nate.