Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Life at Our House

I already told you yesterday was rough. Brianna came home around 4:30 from an all day babysitting job for a 4 and a 6 year old. She helped them with their homeschool, played with them, fed them, etc... After an hour of being home she says, "One hour of the twins is more exhausting than 9 hours by myself with the Struthers' kids!"

We had poop issues all day yesterday. Screaming and unwillingness to even try go on the potty was trying indeed. Everytime I would finally let Buster get off the toilet he pooped in his pants - EVERYTIME! I even saw him get off the toilet, go get on his bike, take one run, then get off the bike and wander off in a "poop daze".... I hollered like crazy for him to head to the bathroom. Of course, it was too late. The day ended with him screaming on the potty. I had had it! I decided to yell with him. Now, I've taken a good many voice lessons, I can holler pretty loud. My kids were born the loudest crying kids in the world and kept that title until my brother's kids were born. It's genetic. So anyway, I put on my best opera performance and he ended up giggling but then he was back to screaming. I called in the troops... I told all four girls we were going to have a pity party  and we hollered our loudest with him. He stopped. After that it only took saying that I could call everybody in to help him and he would instantly quit. Sometimes you have to catch them by surprise and do the unusual.

I'm hoping that there are health benefits to blowing up balloons. Maybe healthy lungs, but I can't think of a benefit in eating them. Thankfully, that has only happened once.  Steve laughed so hard! He called it angioplasty. Trust an ICU nurse to come up with that.  I couldn't tell you how many packages of balloons we've gone through. We're nearly out again and it's time to stock up today. We've done everything imaginable with them. A couple of times we have gotten Missy to try bearing down on her own and it produced good results.... Buster is just plain unwilling to do anything in this area.

What do I do? I mean... if they are constipated I give them a shake with frozen rainiers and we'll no longer have constipation we'll have the opposite.... so then I make their fruit shake with less volatile fruit and sometimes it does nothing and sometimes it causes diarrhea.  It's one extreme or the other. I'm beginning to wonder if we have food intolerances. I fed them white rice for supper because today is town day. I can't deal with poop in the car all day long.. . . .

I mailed ordered every possible library book I could and bought 4 off of Amazon last night. Don't know when I'll find time to read them.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You are doing a great job! Hang in there!! They are making improvements. As we get tired and worn out, we have to look harder to see them.