Friday, January 31, 2014

Have to Remember

I'm not into blogging at the moment... I don't really have the time, but I will jot a few notes of things I must remember.

Little Oscar is transforming before our very eyes. Love to see him laugh and smile and play peek-a-boo!  Really, it is a night and day transformation.  He still gets put in time out for throwing and banging his head on the floor, but once or twice in an evening instead of ten times. I need to remember this ~that time and effort PAYS off. The child is happier for it. He's becoming a little sweetheart. 

Buddy will turn 3 tomorrow. We got him the day after his 1st birthday. WHERE DID 2 YEARS GO?  So thankful he is with his mommy and that the whole CPS scene is behind them.

Pieter loves sledding. He doesn't want to come in at supper time. He's all boy. James doesn't want to come in either, actually. Our snow won't last but another day or two, though. I have to remember to give Pieter hugs and loving attention. It's too easy to forget all a child needs when it's busy. I can stick with a routine and keep everybody going in the right direction, but it's not enough. It's NOT enough  when you are 3 1/2 yrs. old.

Steve and I went skiing yesterday. It was COLD but the snow was good and I finally convinced him to take me to the very top of the mountain. He was patient with me sliding sideways on my skis on the steep, black diamond slopes. I'm game to go right back up there and try again next time. I was too cold to try it twice in a row, though.

I have been pushing myself past 15 thousand steps on my fitbit each day. I can't believe how hard it is to lose a pound at my age. I have been working at it since before Christmas and I lost a pound after 4 weeks. Then I could only track my losses by ounces. Two ounces and then 2 more by last Wednesday. Finally I lost 6 ounces so that I have lost a WHOLE 2 lbs in 6 weeks. Whew! Never give up, right?!

I have the worst smashing migraine ever and I haven't a clue why. The sun is shining. What's up with that?!

Missy is not doing well. at. all. All week she has been spiraling. It's not good. She's mean. I don't speak to her without being prepared for backlash at this point. She's really mean right now. She's almost ten. It's really scary, actually... the way she is going. I don't want to remember this, but I need to track the ups and downs...

Gotta run. That's all for now.

No comments: