Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Weeds

You would not believe it, but there are two big boys out there weed whacking and mowing our "grass"!! These boys belong to our music teacher. They attend running start with my girls.

I have NEVER in my life had more people offer to help us than I have in the last few weeks. I have made it a policy to not say no. That would be the easiest thing to say, but hey, we've needed the extra hands, and why rob them of the joy of service?!  :-) People have been very kind hearted!

We picked over 200lbs of tomatoes yesterday. About a third are not #1s so, I give those away for canning. You are next on my list, Katie :-) Of the two thirds that are #1's I give so many away that I'll never make any money at this, but it is kind of fun... I know I'm no business woman, but if I can cover my expenses I'm good. :-)

Missy is going to spend the day and night with Peggy. She doesn't know yet as that would generate about five thousand questions. I think she'll think she's going on vacation. I'm afraid she won't actually want to come home.

I'm drinking green drinks to try and keep up with the extra garden produce. Cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, Kohlrabi, kale... We are also enjoying fresh dug potatoes, eggplant and soon the melons will be ripe. It is definitely night-shade season, but I have to say, this year they are not bothering me. My joints are not swollen or painful in the least and I haven't the foggiest why. I am thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It could be the green drinks. Gluten is death for inflamation and if you are filling up on fresh produce, you are way way ahead of the pain game. Good for you!