Wednesday, August 29, 2012

1st Day of 2nd Grade


They were very excited.
I had a lump in my throat.
It wasn't suppose to be like this...

I had every intention of homeschooling them like my homegrown kids...
*
A dream lost.
A stark reality.
But relief at the same time.
*

The lump didn't last long.
I managed to get hot pepper in my eye
and that was the end of anything on the emotional level
even as the tears were pouring out of my burning eyes!!

The bus driver is WAY too nice. 
She decided to drive right up our driveway and so the twins won't be walking at all until the snow flies.


2 comments:

~marci~ said...

Looks like they were ready on time that first morning! No 3.5 mile walk yet..
You are one awesome mamma.

La Tea Dah said...

A precious post --- have no guilt, mom! You deserve the daily break for some rejuvenation time. The twins will do great!