Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tell Me, Do You Ever Pee Your Pants?

Little Guy peed his pants so many times yesterday, even after his attitude improved, even in his brand new pants that he really likes. I had him wash them by hand and hang them out to dry on the deck. He had to wear old pants to VBS and I made him stay right by me at all times. There  a little boy, 4 years old, asked to use the outhouse and I went over there with him to make sure he was safe. Of course, Little Guy had to go with me since he had to be at my side. When the 4 year old came out of the outhouse I asked, "Robert, tell me, do you ever pee your pants?"

The LOOK was priceless! His big brown eyes were almost insulted and he drew his head back like it was the dumbest question he had ever heard.

"NO!!!!! But when I was a baby I did sometimes.

Perfect! He couldn't have been more perfect in his response.

Little Guy stood there and said not a word. He saw and heard all.

"Thanks, Robert. I was just wondering if boys your size peed their pants anymore."

The other day when Little Guy had used up all his clothes and he had nothing left to wear at all except shirts I had talked to him and told him that baby's pee in their pants. He needed to start acting like a big boy and not a baby. He was a little desperate feeling for clothes, "but babies wear diapers!" he pleaded. He figured it would be better to have a diaper than no underwear until the dryer stopped.

Are you surprised I have given away all the leftover diapers?  (I kept a package of pull-ups hidden away for an emergency in case of illness, etc...).

I don't know what to do. He can stay dry if he wants to, but mostly he just doesn't care. It's his last means of control and he aims to keep it.  Lord, help me!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a PERFECT question to ask Robert! And I loved his response! Good job, Mom! You're doing great!

MrsKish

GB's Mom said...

LOL, You couldn't have paid for a better response!

Sean and Lisa said...

I know how frustrating it is....I have a son who still urinates in his pants and he's 7!! He knows what to do, where to go, how to ask if we are somewhere,blah, blah, blah but yet he STILL prefers his underwear! YUCK! Somedays I feel like I am banging my head against a wall, 'ya know?!
Praying this season for little guy soon passes and his pants are DRY!!
Much love!
Lisa

Oh and P.S. we have tried explaining kids his age don't do this, have kids said "No way! That's disgusting!" when asked if they pee their pants, etc. but nothing has changed and in our case it's been 5 years.....*sigh*....