Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Appropriate???

Can someone give me feedback?

The goodbye visit with bio-mom is coming up real fast. I have been working on a photo album to give her. I've okayed it with SW. I'm using blurb and will have it printed in a hardback. The pictures are all photos of the twins and their pets, no one else. We've taken a ton of great photos and I think the book is beautiful. It seemed a tad odd without words, though, so I racked my brain on what to write and finally gave up and inserted Psalm 139. I love that Psalm and I think it is very comforting, however, I would like someone else to read it and give me feedback on how you think this would make a birthmom feel. She'll be sad enough without me adding to it, so I want this to be comforting and give her hope.

O Lord,
You have searched me
and known me.
You know my sitting down
and my rising up;
You understand
my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path
and my lying down,
And are acquainted
with all my ways.
For there is not a word 
on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord,
You know it altogether.
You have hedged me
behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge
is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.
Where can I go
from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend into heaven,
You are there;
If I make my bed in hell,
Behold
You are there.
If I take the wings
of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts
of the sea,
Even there Your hand
shall lead me,
And Your right hand
shall hold me.
If I say, "Surely
the darkness shall fall on me,"
Even the night
shall be light about me;
Indeed, the darkness
shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light
are both alike to You.
For You have formed
my inward parts;
You have covered me
in my mother's womb.
I will praise You,
for I am fearfully
and wonderfully made;
 Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
when I was made in secret,  And  skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being
yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me,when as yet
there were none of them.
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
If  I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake,
I am still with
You.
Search me, O God, and Know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
And
see if there
is any wicked way in me,
And lead
me in the way
everlasting.

Psalm 139

2 comments:

momof4boys said...

That's a difficult one to comment on! I love the idea of the book with just the two little ones living a happy dream. How she would take the Psalm or any other words is hard to know.
Do what you think is best. You know the situation better then anyone.

MyLinda said...

I gave birthmom a simple photo book (with no words) at our daughters goodbye visit. She said nothing when I gave it to her but I hope that it helped her grieve and move on in some way. I would go with your gut and if those are words that you think may give her peace then I would include them!