Monday, June 21, 2010

Same Old Song and Dance

I have nothing to say. At least, I don't think I can think of anything, but as they say, I'm just putting my fingers on the keys and we'll see what comes out.

It's the same old song and dance.

"Please drink. Please go poop. Please obey. No whining, please. Please, go pee. Buster, you peed your pants again. Are you going to do what mommy asks or are you choosing a consequence? Say, "yes mom". Say, "yes mom". Say, "yes, mom" . . .  . . "

One is choosing to obey. VBS starts tonight. She really wants to go.

The other is choosing to be passively disobedient... He looks like he is obeying but as time passes you realize he is not. He is only pretending. He is frustrated with me because I have had it with the peeing all over the place. He has done his own laundry and folded it. He has washed his own sheets and replaced them on his bed, he has washed the pee out of his car seat. I'm keeping him running to the potty so often he can't pee on anything and I think it's making him mad so he's no longer cooperating and is on his bed for the count.

I'd be lying if I said I was having fun.

Some days are HARD. Really hard.  Today is not one of the hard, hard ones.... it's just tiring. I need to get some things done, but I cannot. It seems like I never can. Oh, well.

Boy, if you read both of my blogs you'd think I had a split personality. Hmmmmm... Okay, let's see....

We had the goodbye visit with bio family. All went well. The mom liked the photo book. She appreciated it and thanked me and actually gave me a hug. She was looking for a pity party but it was a large crowed and no one would cater to it and so she went along with flow of things.  I met her sister.  A very nice gal and I met all the new moms of the siblings. It was good.

Since the girls started working cherries and are gone 8- 10  hours a day the attachment for Missy is going a lot better! I think we are back to where we were a month ago. They have a few days off but because they are in charge of VBS and it's in a tent ( our church is in remodel mode) and the tent has to be guarded 24 hours a day they aren't home much even now. I think a new crop of cherries will be ripe about the time VBS ends so it's all good. I miss having them around, though. It breaks up the monotony of the above noted ongoing drama for me.

Little Miss is a copy cat. She was just fussing about the entry-way putting shoes and coats in the closet and acting like the big girls. Yeah. That's positive :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Brenda (once upon a time, Eskelson) is with me today. She and her husband are on there way to Canada and are staying the night. I was telling them about your new adventure and how well the kids are doing. (Well, how well the kids were doing.) They are impressed with the gumption you are revealing. Take courage. The Lord will put two extra stars in your crown. Dad

stellarparenting.com said...

wash, rinse, repeat, it is a long road but there will be straighter and easier bits soon, honest

GB's Mom said...

I agree with J. Hang in there.