Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dragging

I'm dragging. I'm barely functioning at all. It's not good.

I don't know if the infection in my mouth is zapping my energy or if the anti-biotics I am on are doing me in, but the endodontist visit is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon and it's likely we'll get started on that root canal just before our weekend company arrives.

My appetite is nil probably on account of the advil.

At 6:15 this morning Steve asked me to get him some breakfast while he showered. My response was wonderfully caring... Me:  "You are kidding, right?"  Him: "Yeah, I guess so". He left. I think he ate a piece of Brianna's fresh raspberry pie.

I could hear Little Miss in her room. I dragged myself out of bed to tell her to please use the bathroom then go play in her room. I went back to bed but that great big golden retriever we are babysitting started barking and I had to go let him out of the garage. I went back to sleep, but someone was snoring and that woke me up... it couldn't have been the twins, I could hear them playing and everybody else has gone to work... so it must have been me. Don't ya just hate that when your own snoring wakes you up?

The twins are both on a good streak. Yesterday I laid on the couch and told them I was sick. So they played quietly around me and that's about all I accomplished besides the social worker visit and taking Little Missy swimming for half an hour.

Buster never peed his pants once yesterday. We're going on an outing on Friday that involves swimming with Uncle Bob and Aunty Joy and Cousin Isaac and I told him if he pees his pants once in the next three days I would be calling up Mrs. S or Mrs. V to babysit him because I still refuse to let him go swimming so long as he's peeing in his pants. I also told him I am signing up his twin for swimming lessons that start Monday and he still has a chance to get in if he cooperates. He made the beds yesterday without a single complaint and was as good as can be. The two are learning to play together. She has her stuff and he has his stuff and nary the two shall mix.... but yesterday she wanted one of his 10 little airplanes and of course he said no, but I suggested that actually it's more fun to play together than by yourself, so he gave her one. They flew them all around the house together and he discovered she can make just as good of airplane noises as he can and so they had fun. Later after supper he asked to play airplanes again. It all ended with her spit on him and her in bed early, but it's still progress.

Okay, must drag myself up the stairs to make shake for the twins. It's a good thing the girls' work in this particular orchard will be done today. I don't have what it takes to get ready for company. I want them to come. We were suppose to meet at a campground for the weekend, but we could not get a single reservation in the whole State and we didn't have enough time to get permission to take the twins to Canada, so we are meeting here and we'll do some day outing kind of stuff together.

2 comments:

GB's Mom said...

Glad Mister is doing better. I hope you feel better soon. It is hard to enjoy guests when you are feeling so poorly. {{{Hugs}}}

Kelly said...

It is amazing and angering that these kids can and will control themselves for the reward but refuse to comply simply to comply. I love a good bribe but I really want my children (and it is really necessary) to obey out of respect for authority not to get the reward or avoid the punishment. I know we have to start somewhere and we are grateful for any sort of compliance but it is still so frustrating to deal with day in and day out. But all this goes back to the trust issue I harp on over at my blog way to often.

Hope you are feeling better soon and that those little boogers behave so you can take care of yourself for a change.