Tuesday, May 27, 2014

It's a Mighty Competition

One kiddo had an amazing 2 weeks of incredibly happy, healthy behavior. It was downright fun while it lasted. I told Steve the kid is gearing up for a showdown, though. I have to watch myself because my fear of him taking the leap has me on edge and I am super ready to react and mostly over-react in an instinctive effort to halt the inevitable.  It's an accumulation of many small behaviors and his moments of hollering and name calling that have us on alert.

The other kiddo is suddenly on the upswing from a really, really rough two weeks. It's over the top sugary at the moment ~Kisses and hugs and exaggerated manners, but I'll take it. She's like this mostly when he's struggling.

Competition seems very much to be the drive behind these highs.
RAD seems to be the drive behind the lows.
They can only hold it together for so long.

It's hiking season!
It's always good to have friends along.

1 comment:

Oldqueen44 said...

Our kiddos never have big behaviors together. They always take turns.