Thursday, December 5, 2013

Bus

I'm not okay with it this morning. I cried.

The bus schedule changed and it arrives 20 minutes earlier. It really doesn't matter. It's all the same.

The kids had both Steve and I trying to get them to get ready this morning but they would not. Missy was doing everything opposite.  If you push, they push back. If you don't push they work very hard to engage us in pushing.

They got on the bus. No coat. Breakfast half eaten. Teeth not brushed. Lunches are still sitting on the bench. And I cried.

Why do we have to be the enemy?

I was able to connect briefly with James last evening after I took them to swimming lessons. I gave him free range at supper and he over-ate and made his tummy hurt to the point he needed me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I started a response to your post yesterday, but never sent it. I just wanted you to know that I read your blog regularly because of the HOPE I see here. It may sound strange to your ears, especially on a day like today, but reading your story - both ups and downs - gives me HOPE.

You're in the middle of the struggle, so I imagine HOPE is hard to see right now. But having been reading your blog for several years now I can see it!

Hang in there! God is working even when the storms are at their strongest. I'm praying for you...Melinda