Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Things That Start with S

Sunny Sunflowers
Brianna and I are having a lot of fun with photos.
There's nothing quite like red barns and bright sunflowers for inspiration.
Next year we'll grow bigger ones!
These were volunteers from previous year's seed.

Sickness

If you couldn't tell you wouldn't know, but the little miss is sick. She won't admit it, but she can hardly talk she's so stuffed up. We'll give her a little room to be less than perfectly charming this morning. She's come a long ways in that she will come to me when she gets hurt, especially if there is blood, or if it's someone else's fault and her pride has been wounded, but it's still a guessing game so far as internal things such as colds, ear-aches, belly-aches, etc... 

James on the other hand can have a bloody nose all over the bed and bathroom floor and won't ask for assistance. He'll tell me he has a headache, or that his tummy hurts, though. I consider it a good sign of trust when they will come to me with their troubles.

As for me, I'll tell you ALL I had a terrible, no-good, rotten night with a migraine and nothing my husband or I did seemed to ease the waves of nausea or the left face pain. I greatly dislike change of season!

It was so hot yesterday that gardening was out of the question. As soon as things cooled down we went down and cleared out half the greenhouse to make room for fall salad plantings. We came out of the garden with buckets and buckets of food.

No comments: