Monday, September 12, 2011

2nd Week, First Day

It was like first day of school all over again.

Missy was mad as anything her brother was going to school without her. While I drove James to his "school" she flipped the naughty-baby-manipulator switch and gave the girls a rough time.

James got all anxious when we arrived at the lady's house and even shed a tear.

CRAZY. He loves it.

When I picked him up it was as if he had gone to the carnival! Everything is so happy and exciting, so I have no clue what the anxiety was all about.

I came home and saw the situation with "little master-manipulator" and was about to do a time out when Vanessa spoke up and said, "She needs WORK."

She was right.

Forget school.

We had dusting and vacuuming 101.

Yay! The house doesn't look too bad.

After the initial couple of battles she pretty much returned to calm, though she throws a manipulative game our way every now and again. We're right on top of it. It's really a waste of her time.

And yes, I said it out loud, "You know, I'm not as stupid as you think I am".

She blinked. put her head down. and started seriously vacuuming.

3 comments:

GB's Mom said...

Lol, that is one of my favorite lines. At least your house is vacuumed :)

Trinie said...

Your "new" blog look, looks great! It seems we had the same idea today. A new face lift! Boy, it was hot today. I had to keep Nathan in...I don't want him to scare worse, with the sun.He did school and about had it anyway.
I am so glad Steve was at the hospital and called ahead for us! You guys are great! We are proud to call you friends!!! God bless..

stellarparenting.com said...

I love that you were honest with her, I say stuff like that to Fudge all the time and his reactions always amuse. May the week get better and i hope she realises that nothing is going to change except her.