Monday, September 26, 2011

Bloom Where You are Planted - Part 2


I thrive on peace and quiet.
I like lots of alone time.
I like peaceful mornings and
I hate rushing around.
Chaos drives me crazy.

Hello!

We have seven people in our house going 5 different directions! Make that 10.... just when I think I know which direction someone is going, they are off in the opposite.

Schedules, appointments, other people's expectations, our own expectations, schoolwork, music practice, gardening, canning, cooking, laundry, dishes, dishes, dishes....

My life with the twins is anything but peaceful, quiet, and calm.
Mornings are when they test me the hardest.

I think they hate to be rushed too, because why else would they balk at a forward motion?

I have friends going back for their next adoption, others are in the thinking stage... Hee Haw! Go for it! And God bless you, only leave us out of the picture. Life is way too chaotic at our house. . .

 I love, love, love having teenagers. It's the best years of our lives. Really. All that they warned us of, rebellion, disrespect, know-it-all attitudes, shattered relationships,.... so far as my experience goes, it's all hogwash. When it comes to them taking the necessary leap into planning their own days and agenda, and schedules.... and they start telling you where you need to be at what time... now that's when things get a little CRAZY!!!

Drop me off on a Deserted Island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

"BUT"

You, say, "This is LIFE. Get over it already."

I have this little nagging feeling somewhere deep inside me though, that God wants more of me and has a higher expectation. In my response to the stresses of living He wants me to be different than I am. That through Him I can carry a calm, patient, quiet peace about me even when some little kid is screaming in my face when I need to be going somewhere, and said child won't get with the picture.

In other words, don't just survive it while trying not to lose self-control (as I'm teaching ballistic child to have self-control... the irony of our reactions sometimes does not escape me),

but bloom!


Blossoms found in the high meadow.

Even under pressure, blossom in the secret quiet of my heart ... the fragrance of that flower of peace should eventually be a scent filtering gently towards the turbulence on the outside perhaps effecting others.

If I can just grasp the full ramification of this precious quote and live it!!

"The Father's presence encircled Christ, 
and nothing befell Him but that which infinite love 
permitted for the blessing of the world. 
Here was His source of comfort, 
and it is for us. 
He who is imbued with the Spirit of Christ abides in Christ. 
The blow that is aimed at him falls upon the Savior, 
who surrounds him with His presence.  
Whatever comes to him comes from Christ. 
He has no need to resist evil, for Christ is his defense.  
Nothing can touch him except by our Lord's permission, 
and 'all things" that are permitted 
"work together for good to them that love God.' 
Romans 8:28. "
MB 71 
May the Holy Spirit dwell within and give us the peace that passes all understanding.


Today, Brianna and Vanessa are off to the college for their first day of the year. James is at "school". Christina is studying algebra, Missy was given an hour of play time in her room. Steve is at work. And I have had a few minutes of uninterrupted time to think. How about that! Now on to the breakfast dishes.....

3 comments:

Sean and Lisa said...

Beautiful pictures!!

I agree with you...my teenagers have been such a JOY! I love, love, love having my home filled with all their friends too. Several of their friends call us mom and dad and we hug and love them as our own. Sweet joy unspeakable!!!

And yes, often times I crack under the stress and issues my little ones bring and I whine and yearn for more. That's when God's quiet voice whispers to me that what He's given me in these children is a treasure trove of faith builders. My faith, along with my mind, emotions and will are tested over and over again each day by these feisty ones but in that testing, I've become stronger, my faith deeper, my mercy meter wider. I still yearn for the "more" that I know He has for me but now is not the time for it. I am too busy tending to this little flock of sheep and trying desperately to point each of them to Him.

I have a plaque that reads "Each day is God's gift to you. Make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty."

Friend, that's what we are doing. We are living the life out of each day and helping "our gifts" to blossom, grow and become beautiful in Him!

So thankful you had some moments to yourself. May they carry you through your day and may He continue to do His gardening in our souls.
Much love!
Lisa

momof4boys said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for Sharing!

Jenny said...

THanks for sharing!! I needed this today!!