Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Incredible Blessings

* Vanessa was given an amazing gift!! It's not every day someone gives you a full sized concert harp. She's had it many years as a loan, but it is now hers. A blessing straight from heaven!

* Missy made a connection. The word pig starts with P.  And yoyo starts with Y.  She picked the correct letter out of three for each picture in James' activity book. Ah!! Wonders never cease. There's hope yet!

* Choir started today. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of kiddos that showed up. There were nearly two little girls for every boy and I had 8 boys with the promise of one or two more. Those kids are so fun to work with!

* I read last September's blog posts and I realized that this September's postings have similar topics, but this September's stories lack the intensity and stress of last year's. Sometimes you have to look back to see that you have moved forward. Don't get me wrong. I'm still stressed with the nonsense... in fact I think I'm actually losing my grip on sanity, but in comparison...

*We enjoyed a wonderful season of united prayer at the church. For all our efforts to attract more people to prayer meeting we gained two... but it was a sweet time of fellowship and supper and prayer.

*It's finally worked out. I'm taking Echoes of Heaven to Portland for a very special, {and very expensive} vocal workout with Dr. Blaylock next week. This is the boost the girl's vocal group has been needing. But oh, my! I hate driving in cities and I'll have all this precious cargo!!!

*We're going to a cabin near a lake for a few days. I'm sooooo looking forward to the break.

I won't mention the all out rage session Missy had today, or the fact that after 2 weeks of getting it right James did not feed or water the rabbits this morning and lied a blue streak about it, and that we've had one messy pants "accident" after another this week.... no, I won't even mention it. I'll just think about the blessings and ask you to pray that I have patience left enough to deal with the rest.

1 comment:

Isabella and Dorinda said...

What a blessing with the harp. We are saving and hopefully one day....
I continue to pray for your little ones because you and your dh are doing wonderful things for those little ones (all with God).
Just think where they would be without God. I hope you have a wonderful time to relax and destress.
I am loving your other blog. I have garden envy. :) I was trying to find out how you watered it. We are planning for next year. Have a blessed day.
Praying for you in NC,
"Isabella"