Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Early for the BUS!

The kids are out there early.  James is a whole 20 minutes early. You think having the school officials coming to find him in his bedroom last Friday made an impression? James likes these guys very much. I think he's embarrassed by that whole scene. . .

We celebrated their 10th birthday on the ski slopes. Both of the twins were brave and managed the chair lift and the green run. They enjoyed themselves. There was a lot of fear and bravery... and even the tiresome tantrums, but overall it was good and a milestone in accomplishment. We finished up with pizza at home. They both got nice bikes. Steve's co-worker gave them to Steve and he fixed them up with new parts so that they look really nice. I was not going to do presents. Stuff is over-rated. I figured skiing was enough, but these are nice bikes and we'll do lots of biking in the spring together. Steve had my 20 year old Trek repaired and tuned up, too. So we are set for some adventure.

I don't know how much to say on the little kids. They are doing super well. It is noticeable how much happier they are and content and funny, even. The baby's vocabulary is just exploding!!The older one did not want to go to his visit yesterday. Pouted and made it clear he didn't want to go. Visit supervisor said he was crabby. He did some crying about things his mom wanted to talk to him. When he came home I asked him about it and his eyes filled with huge tears and I decided not to make him talk for now. I just held him. I'm scared. Things look good on the outside of the case....BUT!!! and that's where I'll stop for now.

I'm headed to Texas for the EQ Summit. The mountain passes are dicey at best... so now I'm flying out of our town.  Five whole days... no kids. Whoohoo!!  Who cares if I learn anything :-)


3 comments:

Julie said...

We're trying to move away from "Stuff" as well and my daughter will be 10 in July. I think we're going to give adventure, like a trip to the zoo or a visit to Elephant Rock or something she's wanted to do for a long time that we've not done.

I hoped the visit from the men would work!! That's awesome. Today is my birthday and a friend is keeping my daughter overnight and she's even doing school with them. My son is still in school. For the first time in ages, I've had 2 hours to myself. As an introvert, I've so needed my alone time reboot and I have to admit, he's coming home in 30 minutes and I want to slow the clock!! I know it's so selfish considering he's 17 and the sweetest boy, but I'm sitting here in complete silence and soaking in it. I thought about turning on worship music and even chose not to because I'm loving the quiet. Enjoy your 5 days!!!

Oldqueen44 said...

Five days...? Whooohooo, is right

Ruth said...

I found for birthdays, making memories is so much better then gifts. We do a family day for each child's birthday. Inexpensive family trip!