Thursday, February 11, 2010

Today Will be a LONG day

Because tomorrow is our first visit day and I'm anxious to go.

I made a phone call to foster mom. Found out some interesting things. She is as concerned as I am that SW has not told the children what is going on. They don't know about us. They don't know they are being adopted. They don't know we are visiting tomorrow. Someone has dropped the ball and it soooooooo not fair to the kids. I emailed the SW to let her know what I think about that. I insisted that someone tell the kids before I arrive on the doorstep at 10 am tomorrow morning. Haven't heard back.

We think we'll take the kids to the zoo if the weather is decent and if it is, I requested they allow us to take our big girls with us. I know they would help to make the day special. I made the kids a little scrapbook album all about our family. I had told the SW weeks ago that I could mail it to her if she wanted to use it when explaining to the kids the changes happening to them... she said I should just take the album with us on our first visit...making me wonder if she was sort of making me be the one to tell them?? Doesn't seem right.

According to the Foster mom the kids are naughty. I expected that. Foster mom is 68 and foster dad is 76. I'd say TIRED is the word to describe them. They have 6 kids in the home. The youngest is 2. Two have some sort of syndrome and the twins are a handful.


Apparently the kids have lots of stuff. Brand new bicycles still in the box, etc...

We start painting Vanessa's room today. That's a step in finishing the move of Christina out of the tw*n's room. The house is a bit chaotic.

Found out some other friends are thinking of adoption. :-)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my. How exciting!!!

You are right that someone should have told the children. The foster parents should be talking about your family, showing pictures, and getting them excited about their move and new family.

But, it will work out and you will have a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

Tricia said...

I can't wait to hear how the visit went