Monday, February 15, 2010

So Much to DO!

I have so much to do to be ready for the kids to come. I finally finished painting Vanessa's room. Steve plans to wash her carpet Tuesday night so we can move her in on Wednesday. My house is a bit chaotic since we are trying to accomplish so much.

Our visit with the tw*ns went really well. The children are very sweet. They were quite happy to go with us and they were little angels the whole, entire time. They laughed easily, used please and thank you and excuse me, and were content to hold our hands on the street. We took them to the aquarium because it was pouring rain and so this was an indoor place to go. The aquarium is very hands on. The girl was completely at home, but little Guy shows more insecurity. The cavelike atmosphere scared him a little. He handled it fine, but we could sense his fear in the dark parts of the place. He's cautious, too. We ate at a restaurant and the kiddos were very decisive in what they were ordering and ate everything. Our girls are quite taken with the twins and the twins liked them immediately. The girl was looking for hugs before we left and Little Guy obliged - so very boy!

It was weird waving goodbye to "my kids". I just wanted to take them home. I know they are a good fit with us.

Apparently, SW has been looking for a home for them for a long time. What's going on? I've BEEN here!! Six months ago foster mom had both shoulders replaced and then she went septic... She was a very sick lady with 6 kids and at her age... WOW! She's amazing to me. She always seemed tentative on the phone about our adopting them. She was worried. It was important to her that they have a Christian upbringing. After we returned the children to her Friday and chatted with her for a bit she looked more relaxed and at peace. She said, "I can see good things in this move. This is going to be good for the kids."

I felt relief that she saw us as a good match.

Both Steve and I were exhausted on the drive home. We used up a lot of emotional energy . Because we were just "friends" to the kids we had to act like everything was just normal... It takes energy to restrain emotion when you are meeting your kids for the first time : - P I don't remember just smiling, saying hi and introducing myself to my first three children!! Anyways, we were very intense on getting to know the kids and evaluating their every move....so the 2.5 hour drive home was very sleepy after we had discussed everything there was to talk about.

All 5 of us are at peace that this is a good match!


3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so excited for your family!! Can't wait to follow your journey with your new kiddos.

I left you some sunshine on my blog. Come on over and grab it. :)

Adeye said...

Yipeeeeee....that all sounds just perfect, friend! I am so excited to see how things unfold.

Tricia said...

God knows what, when and where! This is wonderful!