Sunday, January 31, 2010

Going Away for a Week

I'm heading out of town with 7 homeschooled teenage girls for a 7 hour trip for 6 days of music master classes, concerts and filming. The girls are ecstatic! I'm pretty excited too, except that I have one worry. One of the girls does not have a passport. She doesn't have a birth certificate, either. I hate border crossings. It doesn't matter if I'm going into or out of Canada... I always get nervous. I want all my documents in order. Passports for everybody, greencards, citizenship cards, consent letters, etc... Apparently, this girl's parents have figured out somehow that she can go into Canada with some other documentation and I am not exactly sure what that is, but know, they won't let us through easy. I'll be praying hard!!!

It will be interesting to see if we can fit 8 people, plus 8 sleeping bags, 8 suitcases, plus everybody's violin/ flute and pillows, fancy long wool coats and black boots for the filming in the snow, and the stuff to occupy themselves on the trip in my suburban. I'll let you know how that goes (probably on the other blog.) Other than that and the fact that the gas gage does not work, we are set for some fun. I'll try not to go over 600 miles before I refill :-). Aren't you glad I have a BIG tank.

As soon as I get back I need to get ready for our first visit with the twins. I learned that we will also have a visit with the bio mom. This will be a facilitated meeting. I learned more about her and asked some questions. She is not negative towards the foster families of her children and she does know this is a permanent placement for her tw*ns. I found it comforting to know this about her. Anyway, I'll not have anything about the adoption to post for at least a week and a half, so until then . . . blessings.

1 comment:

Adeye said...

Have the BEST time, my friend. Can't wait to hear all about it :) DRIVE SAFELY!!!