Monday, January 18, 2010

Mixed Response

We are enjoying going around telling people about our tw*ns... or at least, I should say we are mostly enjoying telling people. Some people don't get it.

Our friends are rejoicing with us... for the most part. There are exceptions. Some people carry a lot of fear. Some people are just being stubborn.

That dampens our party a little.

By and large our church people have been positive, but there are enough who are not that I am not comfortable getting up and making a general announcement and asking for prayers for my tw*ns just yet. The funny thing is the other church where the girls and I work for pay.... I got right up and announced and ALL the people were thrilled for us. They had a special prayer for the twins and there were tears of joy in people's eyes. They cheered right there in church. The girls noted the difference.

Of course, these people aren't as close to us as our own church members are. They don't have any fears for us. They aren't worried about us. It isn't going to inconvenience them, either.

My children were struggling with the words overheard and spewed directly. I was shocked when they told me...

It's real. We are adopting and some aren't smiling.

I prayed and asked God for wisdom then I wrote the someone a letter inviting her to share my joy. I asked her to let me wash her feet at communion/foot washing service this coming Friday night. I asked her to forgive me for choosing to walk a road contrary to normal people. I told her I had no doubt that this wasn't an easy road to choose but God had asked me to walk it and He was going with me and I was BLESSED beyond words.

I'm praying for a reconciliation.

2 comments:

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness, friend. I read from the top of todays post...all the way down to the end of this post.
My heart breaks for you. Boy do I understand the naysayers. The hurtful comments. It is just awful. But, let me encourage you to NOT take it to heart. Everyone loves to have an opinion, and voice it. They love to add their two cents..even when it is not asked for. Such is life. LET IT GO! Remember that you stand before an audience of ONE someday, and His opinion is the only one that really matters in this life. Keep your eyes on the race that He has set out before you.

These children are so clearly chosen by the hand of the Father to be yours!!! Listen to His voice only, dear friend.

Sending you a HUGE hug tonight. I am rejoicing with you and soooooo excited for you.

Anonymous said...

I read your whole post and was in tears. I am so happy for you! These little twins were created for your family, from the beginning of time. I can't wait to meet them. I missed seeing you all today! It was a different/strange day for all of us I hear! May God bless you, dear friend! See you tomorrow!
KM