Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Tightening the Grip

Buster Brown did have a very long and difficult day yesterday, but before Steve left for work mid-morning he had laid down the law pretty firmly. James had a huge mental block over the expectations but Steve left with strict instructions that nothing was to change until he came home. By mid-afternoon James and I were working together and he seemed to be softening and while he could not do a single thing without repeated instruction and constant vigilance from me he was slowly losing the hostility. I cleaned the garage and James worked on cleaning up a firebreak directly behind the garage, so it worked well for me to be close by.

Surprise of surprises, Missy came home in a good mood and she pitched in and worked along side us.

Strict vigilance may be the key to getting this boy back on track. Praying for wisdom.

I'm so excited to be going to a women's retreat on Prayer!! It's 5 hours away and though I invited no less than 5 friends to come along, no one is available on short notice, so I shall enjoy the ALONE time and treasure every second of my break. I'm so very excited about learning more about prayer and praying with others.

3 comments:

Oldqueen44 said...

You poor weary mom. You need that treasured, quiet, alone time. Enjoy.

lilbets said...

Just wondering how the twins are doing.
Hope your retreat was all that you needed.

QueenB said...

Just wanted you to know that I appreciate you taking the time to post your journey; just the information about the guanfacine has been very helpful and encouraging to us. Keep on, do not grow weary in well doing.